Hakone

For our Japanese assignment, my family and I decided to go to Hakone - Japanese Restaurant for my brothers birthday. We decided to go on Sunday, where we could enjoy the Japanese buffet. The first thing we went for was their sushi bar.
There was a great selection, but my favorite is the Ikura (salmon eggs) and Hamachi (oily white fish). Nothing better with sushi is a beer. Instead of drinking the normal Heineken or Coors Light, My family and I decided to try some Japanese beers (Asahi and Kirin). I preferred Asahi over the Kirin and it went very well with the sushi. After the sushi, we went to the buffet line and grabbed the dungeness crab and various seafood items.
Among the seafood, they had multiple variations of tempura (egg battered vegetables, shrimp) items, miso soup (soy bean paste w/ seaweed), shabo shabo (boiling water that cooks meat and vegetables) and many more Japanese dishes. At the end of the night, the bill came to $44 per person and $7.50 per beer. It was a very positive experience and was worth the money spent.-Reid
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home