JPE1100: Beginning Japanese I

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Gyotaku

Last Friday, I went to Gyotaku Japanese Restaurant located in Waimalu. We ordered Teriyaki Combination Platter and Shrimp Tempura. Before they served us our main dish, we were first given the appetizer which included miso soup and salad with crab leg meat & a very good salad dressing. The Teriyaki Combination Platter which costs $17.95 included teriyaki chicken and beef with 2 scoops of rice and corn, shrimp tempura, and california sushi.



The Shrimp Tempura that costs only $ 8.95 is a part of their Early Bird Special which they only serve on Wednesday and Friday (4:30-7:30 pm). I found out that they serve free meals for Keiki on Mon. & Tues. night which includes drink, dessert, origami paper and a toy. I noticed that in the dining room area, there were black & white paintings of different types of japanese fishes posted on the wall. Also, they had a soft background music and if I am not mistaken it was a sound of a koto instrument which was a japanese instrument. This was my second time visiting Gyotaku Restaurant, but I still had a great experience finding out the restaurant's special dishes. Totemo oishii desu!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home