My 8hr Nagoya Trip
This week I had the chance to go around Nagoya City during an 8hr layover before heading back to Honolulu. I was really excited to go around the city and interact with people using some of the Japanese words and phrases I learned in class. I must admit that it was a little overwhelming to try and converse with some Japanese people because I was limited to the basic words and phrases we had gone over the past month in class. Anyway, it was a fun and exciting experience none-the-less going around in Nagoya. I had a total of around 4 hours to get from the airport to the city and back to the airport to check-in for my flight; so I took as much pictures as I could. I arrived in Nagoya about 11am and I wanted to get into the city in time for lunch but I didn't make it in time to sit in a restaurant so I settled for a bento I bought from one of the underground stores. Aside from driving a car, walking and riding a bicycle is quite the popular mode of transportation in the city. It seemed that everything that you need is either a walk to bike ride away. While I was walking around I was handed packs of tissue with advertisements on them. I watched on some television show that they advertise on commonly used goods that people are exposed to everyday. It makes sense because everytime you reach for the pack of tissue or whatever is handed to you, you see and are exposed to that advertisment. Well, I had a good time in Japan in the little time I had and I am highly considering living there one of these days. I'm super fascinated and drawn to the Japanese culture. I just have to learn more Hiragana, Katakana and speaking the language. Here are some of the pictures I took while in Japan, i'll bring other pictures into class on Monday. :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home